Day 69: Dance On

Three wonderful things happened today.

#1. Carly, Bekah and I had had enough of being stuck around the house and the community we live in. We hadn't really be OUT all week. So tonight we decided to go down to the beach-- sorta "the boardwalk"! We just walked for a while, ate some corn-on-the-cob (covered in lime juice! YUM) and enjoyed the sunset. It was nice to see the city alive. We definitely don't blend in much but we could pretend :P At one point we even met this Australian (?) girl named Cecelia who is working here for a month or so! It was the strangest thing because besides her, we saw two other Westerners today! In Vizag, that NEVER happens. Especially people our age.

#2. When we got home I went on Facebook and started chatting with my awesome friend Marilee. Marilee and I met last summer through some mutual friends and we hit it off right away! I spent this last New Years Eve with her as we were both excitedly getting ready to go abroad. She is currently in Ukraine, teaching English and loving it. We got to Skype tonight for and hour and a half and talking with her reminded me how Heavenly Father places people in our lives to bless us in ways we can't understand. Marilee is one of those people for me :) And I was reminded tonight that it might not understand God's plan for me now, but that when I look back I can see how he has shaped and directed EVERYTHING in my past to help me to get to where I am today. I know that he is always leading me somewhere better than what I would pick for myself.

and

#3. We were sitting at home in the evening... on a Friday night thinking... we are LAME. haha So we decided to do something we had jokingly mentioned throughout the day! We decided to go night clubing! We never go out at night (because there really isn't anything to do) but we just felt like the hermit life was just not going to work today. So we got in a rickshaw and headed over to a club Israel had heard of. It turns out that "clubs" in this city are really more like restaurants/lounges with very little lighting and DJs playing "house" haha That suited us fine because we definitely didn't want to be around a bunch of drunk guys. So we sat down, ordered some drinks (virgin)... and then, eventually, we danced! We danced so much!! haha and we were crazy. Everyone probably thought we were drunk, but if there is anything Mormon young adults are good at its seeming drunk when absolutely no alcohol is involved.

It turns out that very few people dance at this club... it might be too upper class haha but we definitely showed them some new moves. And disenchanted them from some of their awe for Americans (and secretly Canadians).Car, Israel and I developed this new dance move called "the nerd". It's pretty cute. Ask and I might show it to you sometime :P

We stayed till midnight because Sarah was turning 21! Best beginning to a birthday-- I'd say! :)

Now my legs are dead so I'm going to sleep!

Love,

Stéf

Comments

Popular Posts