Day 82: We Are the Trees

The clock keeps ticking and right now I just want to yell at it to stop! I can't do this! There is too much to do and too much to enjoy and everyday I wake up with things to do in preparation for leaving India. I wake up thinking "You have to get this gift! And you have to finish up that transcription! Don't forget to study for your finals!"

It's all a lot to take in. I feel like the group has this philosophy right now that nothing can be put off. Whenever we think of something we have to do before going back to America we make a plan right away... we can't just put it off anymore or else we will run out of time.

I feel like my research has reached a point where it is wrapping up. I don't feel the urgent need to get as many interviews each week because 1) I have a lot of data and 2) there is so much else I could be doing. For instance, I'm rather behind in Hindi. I do my homework and everything, but I feel like taking the class long distance has put me at a disadvantage -- I can't ask as many questions and I feel like so much time passes between classes. So I have plenty of studying to keep me busy before I take the final on the 9th of April. Besides that, I had a new hobby :) It's a secret hobby and I'll reveal it later, when I get home. I want it to be a surprise. I've spend most of the last few days working on this hobby, and I absolutely love it. It's so nice to have time to do the things I've wanted to do my whole life.

And on that same line, whatever extra time I have I use to read books :) I have a long list of classic and novels I want to read one day and I have finally had time (for the first time since high school, and the occasional opportunity during past summer-times) to crack into a few books. I've read at least 7.

So to end this post here is a quote that reminds me I can bear anything-- whether it be the load of homework I still have to do for classes or overcoming the fear that I won't be prepared to leave India when the time comes. I found this in North & South and felt like stronger after reading it:


And so I hope that whatever shaking you and I have to undergo throughout our lives, we can feel some sense of gratitude...
Because how else would we eventually become as strong as we wish to be?

Love,
Stéf

Comments

Popular Posts