A City I Didn't Write About


I started this blog with the intent of documenting the cities I visit or live in, as well as the big moments and personally big realizations that I experience there. But I never wrote about one of my favourite years of my life and what I thought about Montréal--and believe me, so much happened! That's probably why I didn't have time to write about it.

My year in Montréal has been an unforgettable, incredibly blessed, and core-altering year of my life.


Career and "life-purpose"-wise I wondered every day where I should be heading. I haven't yet come to a definite conclusion. Still, I have felt God's reassurance every day that he is leading me--I just have to believe that little steps amount to big distances and eventually, big milestones reached. For now, the next step is moving to Ottawa to start a Masters in Public and International Affairs.

Relationship-wise, I made many beautiful, diverse friendships--some that will last for the rest of my life, some that gave me memories and lessons that I now deeply value, and some that were uplifting and fun, even if they won't last forever.

I also lived alone and learned I am more extrovert than introvert (4 or so days of the week), I love when people visit me, and I can accumulate an inordinate amount of kitchen items in the span of a year.

But, most of all I learned that though I may sometimes focus on how internally inconsistent I feel, God focuses on the good he sees within me. He is a kinder and more personal God than I previously realized. He is also patience incarnate.

There are many life lessons and deep, authentic people in Montréall that I wish I could write more about, but since I won't have the time to do them justice, I will just skip to the most important thing : I'll say thank you!

Thank you dear Becky, Rachel, and Rosaleigh for being my first friends.  



Thank you to this city for being the most magical place to walk around in on any given night--but especially summer nights.




Thank you to all those I was able to share adventures with. Thank you for being down for anything and having great ideas!




Thank you to the couch surfers who made my summer so exciting -- thank you for the things you taught me and for giving me a whole list of new places to visit. 






Goodbye for now Montreal! 

Comments

Popular Posts