Day 61: Ideas that are not so bright (in India)

I wrote this blog post very early today but waited to post it tonight as usual. What can I say-- I felt inspired. 
 
Since getting home from our trip up north it has been HOT. The kind of hot that makes it hard to fall sleep and even harder to sleep the whole night through. It's actually the middle of the night right now... I had been tossing and turning for about an hour before I decided that enough was enough-- not only am I too hot to sleep but my skin feels like it was attacked by thousands of mosiquitoes. I don't know which of those two things is worse... but the combination is pretty unpleasant.

The mosquito problem started a few days ago... it was our first night back and I was learning pretty quickly how much hotter our lovely beach city had gotten during our absence. I was lying there thinking that my mosquito net wasn't letting any air from the fan through. The thought possessed me and I had an idea-- "an awful idea" (yes, I'm quoting The Grinch). I had a wonderful, awful idea. And in the space of ten seconds I jumped up, grabbed my scissors from my shelf and cut the strings that hold my net up around my bed. I did it! And I was so happy because when I lay back down I could feel the fan ten times more than before. I promptly fell asleep.

Now, two nights later and I'm questioning the impulsive decision I made to listen to that wonderful, awful idea. Granted, yes, I do fall asleep way more easily each night. The first day I felt pretty happy with myself. But now I realize that the mosquitoes have told all of there friends about my rash decision to ditch my net. And since it isn't in their nature not to attack any available human they come in contact with, I now feel and possibly look like I have the chicken pox for the second time in my life. But this Canadian girl has a much higher tolerance for mosquito bites than for heat and humidity. You should see my hair right now. You'd think that humidity would make my hair less dry but nope, its drier than ever and ten times more poofy. Pony tails all the way.

So that is the story of my not so bright idea... Am I considering putting the net back up? No, not really. I think I'd rather lather myself in bug spray every night rather than falling asleep in my mosquito net sauna.:)
Enjoy the weather back home for me. Be grateful for your thermostat.

Stéf

Comments

Popular Posts