Day 59: The Influence of Friends

Today I want to talk about love. But not romantic love. I want to talk about friendship love. I have lots of wonderful people in my life. Some of them are from the past, some are very much in the present and others will come in the future. But I just need to acknowledge how much power friends have in each others lives.

For instance, today I woke up, went to the café to study for a test and had a sort of planned-unplanned skype call with my roommates back home in Provo. My roommates and I do this thing for peoples' birthdays where they sing a birthday rap that we completely make up on the spot. I'm not very good at it but boy, are they ever talented. haha The raps usually end up being the funniest, randomest thing ever sung to a human being. Just hearing them do that for me today reminded me how much I need and love these girls. I can't even explain our friendship... its just natural!

Kylie and I have a lot of married friends now. Them being married is not a problem at all. The problem is adjusting to being further down on their list of priorities. It's hard to go from best friends to "monthly-lunch-date" friends.

But being in India is kind of reminding me how Heavenly Father gives us specific people at specific times to love us and to watch over us as he would if he could be right beside us. We might see them or we might not, but there is always someone there to change our lives and to teach us something. I know that some friends will always be there for me and there will be some that come and go, but overall its a beautiful thing that God has given us-- the ability to connect with people over and over again, not matter where we are. I bet there is someone in your life right now that needs someone to love them without any judgment or conditions. I bet they could use someone like you.

Love,
Stéf




Comments

Popular Posts