Day 58: Aging

Last year when I turned 20 I told myself that birthdays wouldn't be that exciting anymore. Of course it's exciting to celebrate with people. But I feel like twenty is that number that I always wanted to reach so I wouldn't feel like a baby anymore. Now my birthdays are just kind of reminders that time is passing by. And 21 is a reminder that once upon a time I planned so precisely so I could go on a mission when this age came. Its strange to think that I could have gone a year and half ago and been back by now!

Funny how things change huh? 

I had a fun day though! It was simple and quiet and just what I needed so I wouldn't feel too homesick. Sarah and Bekah gave me an adorable card and some earrings this morning. I ate some cake with my friends and that was that :) 

It was chocolaty and delicious. I blew all six of the candles out in one try (that's a record for me right there)
This picture is cheesy. haha I look like I could be 5 years younger in this pic.

As a gift for myself I went and got my eyebrows threaded! Threading is an Indian method of plucking your eyebrows. Its super fast and its way more accurate and thorough. The women I've gone to use this flossy string that they twisted together. They pull on it and the two pieces of floss catch the hairs. Sounds strange, but its super effective and way fast. 
Also, Indian women have amazing eyebrows so they just know how to shape them. Go YouTube it-- you'll think it is pretty cool. 

Overall, today I took some time to look back on the last year of my life! SO much has happened! Two of best friends got married, I moved to a new place, I went through a few big 'trials', I crossed the half way point of my university degree, I almost came to India, then I DID come to India... my mom got married, my sister went off to university, I went back to Quebec, I went to Hawaii, I got certified to scuba dive...

My Saviour has been there every step of the way. That is the biggest thing I have learned in my life this year. I know I could have done so much more to show him my love and to serve him.. I've done more in the past... but he never gives up on me. And I feel like maybe this year I focused more on getting to know myself, instead of focusing on getting to know Christ (the person who understands and loves me better than anyone else). In some ways it turned out alright-- I learned to be brave and bold in a lot of new ways! But I think this next year I'll do it the other way around. If I stick to it, I bet the results will be a thousand times better. 

Love,
Stéf 

Comments

Popular Posts