Day 73: The Boy in My Life

You know those days where you wake up and you think, "I cannot take another day of procrastinating my work and wasting time and today is the day that I'm going to be super productive!" Well today was that day. And it turned out great! So great that right now I can't remember why I even procrastinated in the first place. It feels so much better to just get things done.

... But now it's one in the morning and I'm on that productive high where I want to do everything in the world but I can't cuz I'll die in class tomorrow if I don't get some sleep. So instead of staying up all night I'll finish of my day with this blog post.

Today I'm going to tell you all about the boy in my life!

This is Siddu, the son of our cook and friend, Durga. Just look at him.

Looks mischevious right??? Well he is!

At first I loved him. Then I thought he was a demon sent to steal our personal belongings and to wake us up from the deepest sleep. 

But then I loved him again. Because beneath all the tantrums is this really sweet little boy who loves to cuddle and listen to stories about pencils coming to life (yeah, sorry.. I'm not that creative). And beyond that, he is incredibly intelligent. He speaks A LOT of English. I don't know if he KNOWS that he speaks two languages but he definitely does. 

He's used to getting his way so he gets really whiny sometimes but... the other day he was in our room and I needed him to go back downstairs. Usually we just pick him up, carry him out of the room and lock the door as fast as possible. haha I know that sounds mean but this little boy is VERY stubborn. So he cries for a little bit and then he eventually goes downstairs to his mom. 

This time though, I thought I'd try something different. I said, "Hey Siddu, I have to get changed and do some work before I go to bed. Thank you for playing with me. You have to go now but tomorrow we can play again. Okay?" And guess what he said??

He said... "Okay!" Then he turned around, walked out of my room and DOWN THE STAIRS. Down the stairs people! It was a BIG DEAL. 

So despite his stubbornness Siddu is a really good kid. He just wants attention and some kind of reminder that we love him.

Who doesn't? 

Maybe that doesn't just apply to three year olds. Maybe we would crack people's shells a lot more often if we gave them just that: a little attention and a little love. 


Siddu could totally fit in my suitcase right? 

;)

Stéf

Comments

Popular Posts