Day 77: River Boating

We went on a river boat today up the Godavari river. It was lovely and it was peaceful-- and I just wanted to jump in the water. We sat at the top of the boat for the most of the time.
At one point (for entertainment) the MC and his little bro went to the front and started dancing. We loved it-- they had some moves! Bollywood dancing just looks so fun.
Eventually they started picking people from the crowd to go up to the front and dance. The MC would stand in front of his victims and demonstrate the moves that they would then copy. We were laughing at all the shy people being pulled up to the front when suddenly, a group of guys started pointing at Israel and shouting that he should go up! I was all for this. Israel is actually a secret (pro) dancer and he should totally be into this kind of thing, right? So I kinda encouraged this as well.
Israel couldn't say no for tooo long because the MC was a very persistent person. But then the MC turned on the rest of us and started trying to get us up there with Israel. Haha hadn't really expected that. He insisted though and since I teased Israel about it I felt like I should probably get up there too.

AND IT WAS SO FUN. haha I'm sure it was not pretty but it was something... and everyone seemed entertained. Purpose fulfilled. ;) I would do it again in a heartbeat. Cuz I actually feel like I got a few Bollywood moves down! Its a lot of shoulder, arm and hip action. #mynextpartytrick? jk


At some point later in the evening we went and sat on the side of the boat so we could dangle our feet in the water. Well, not really in the water because my legs are too short. It was amazing and the sunset was to die for... and to top it off, I had one of my favourite books to read.

Days like these don't come around every dynasty!

Love,
Stéf

Ps. I met a German, Kurdish girl today. Have you ever heard of Kurdish people? Well if not you should look them up! They are a people without a country and they are the fourth largest ethnicity in West Asia after Arabs, Persians and Turks. There are 12,000 in Canada and about 16,000 in America. I always find it so interesting when I learn about people I have never heard of!

Comments

Popular Posts