Le Manier

Today was beautiful beyond words. It was a combination of my favourite weather, amazing food, good people, and just a feeling of peace full of purpose. I feel like sometimes Heavenly Father connects us with the desires and feelings of our childhood to remind us of what we really want out of life--what will really make us happy.

Today I helped out with a luncheon at Le Manier, the villa where Les Petits Frères hosts events for the elderly people they follow.
Le Manier 

I had the chance to help in the kitchen today! I helped prepare the salad and dang, it was amazing. I added a rough outline of a recipe below if you want to try it:



Step 1: Lather strips of eggplant in olive oil and a little bit of garlic. GRILL them. Cut them up into smaller shorter strips. Mix them with red and orange baby tomatoes.
Step 2: Lay a bed of spinach/arugula on a salad plate.
Step 3: Add parmesan flakes, a black olive, and a little olive oil.
Step 4 (optional): Ring the plate with some balsamic vinaigrette glaze. Add a few croutons.


So the salad was the first of four courses, followed by:

 Ravioli with a "sauce provencal" 



 A cheese course (did you know they do this in France?? I was so confused at first); there were little triangles of Camembert and Roquefort. 

And then dessert. This thing--well I'm not quite sure what it's called but it is basically apple shaped like a rose on a small crust, laid in a sort of cream. 

We drew for a while.

Two of the ladies I spent most of my day with. The one on the right is a volunteer and she has a son living in Québec so we had lots to talk about.



Love, 

Stéf 




Comments

  1. Fun stuff. Love the pictures. I want your job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dessert look very sweet. Is it your drawing we see?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avec les pommes, c'est de la crème pâtissière je crois.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour belle maman, merci pour les commentaires! Ca s'appelle la creme anglais--j'ai demandé aujourd'hui!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts