Day 32: We Be Shoppin'

Today Israel, Carly and I were alone at home because the rest of the group went to the waterfall place we visited a few weeks ago. It was strange waking up to such a quiet house and having the day kind of to ourselves. So I just... did whatever I wanted. But I guess that is how every day here is. So today I slept in, cleaned up a little, talked with our translator for a few hours and then I took the loveliest nap. And when I woke up Carly wanted to go shopping. So that is what we did and it was the highlight of the day!

We got the cutest stuff. In some ways the clothes here is so not my style but one thing that really is my style is all the colours and patterns. I love how they mix colours and patterns. @kylieinthesky would we proud. Anyways, we found a few more shirts! Sometimes its really hard getting up in the morning and looking at your closet just to realize that you've worn everyone of your outfits at least once that week. I don't really have anyone to impress but I do miss my style back home. I miss my dresses and my skinnies and vests. Maybe its superficial but clothes kind of becomes part of your personality at some point.

So shopping was wonderful :) We are getting used to the way sales people work here and we found the best Indian dresses. We are pretty excited to wear them. Maybe we will wear them at the wedding we will get to go to in a few weeks. We can even wear them at home if we get them tailored a little!

To finish it up I just want to mention how much I love Carly Landgrave. I'm glad I have a girl to talk girl stuff with while I'm here. She's is very extroverted, very thoughtful and she is adventurous. And she likes going to yoga as much as I do. She decided to come to India three weeks before coming... so she has a will of iron :) As my friend Julie would say she's sassy, which is a great thing in my books.
Isn't she gorgeous? She's also pretty tall so people here are always a little extra surprised when they see her... both by her beauty and her height :P 

It's been a good day. I will sleep well tonight :) 

Stéfanie 


Comments

Popular Posts