Day 30: Kuchipudi Dancing and More Wishes Granted

To finish up day 30 the group went out to see a Kuchipudi dance performance. One of the academies in the area was hosting their annual recital and we were invited. It was GREAT. I had never seen that style of dance before and it was really worth seeing (even if we had to sit through a really long award ceremony and a few long telugu speeches that we couldn't understand). I wish I could have taken a video and shared it with you all but the lighting really wasn't suited for that. Let me see if youtube has one... okay look at this. Most of the performers we saw were young girls who have only been dancing for a few years and they were fantastic. I thought that the variety of facial expressions they can make was one of the coolest things. Oh and the shakers on their ankles! And their costumes... okay, EVERYTHING was cool. I kept thinking that So You Think You Can Dance should really do one Kuchipudi routine at some point. Anyways, my roommate McKenna is doing her project on Kuchipudi dance so it was great that we could get to go with her to see this.

One last thing! Remember when I said that I was starting an experiment for "whispering to the universe" (check out day 27)? Well, a few days ago I reported that McKenna got her wish (her tortilla/chapatti things). In the last 24 hours both of Carly's things happened! Number 1: last night, Dr. Krishnayya, our professor, brought us back doughnut treats from a trip he took this weekend. Boo-ya.
Number 2: Durga, our cook, came out to the living room tonight and said, "Ma'ams, for you!" And handed us a thing of cashew cookies and some chocolate wafers. WHAT??? First of all, that is sooo nice of her!! Second of all, I REALLY didn't think the cashew cookies thing was going to work. We always buy those for ourselves and we've never eaten them in the presence of Durga or her family... HOW DID THEY KNOW?
I'm telling you there is magic in this house. Somehow they KNOW exactly what we want!!

So only three more wishes to come true...
For me, some pea/paneer curry
And for Sarah some curry popcorn and banana milk.

We still have four days left for the other wishes to come true.

Happy February by the way!
Stéf


Comments

Popular Posts