Day 33: Soundtrack of My Life

You know those days when you start listening to old music and all these wonderful and almost forgotten memories start coming back to you? A few minutes ago I turned on my iTunes and the first thing that came on was Taylor Swift's album Speak Now. This was the music of my last year of high school. I remember singing those songs every day as I drove to school. So many of those songs fit with my life at that time. And from there on I have had a specific set of songs that I identify with certain times in my life.
The summer between high school and university was set to the sounds of Sara Bareilles's album Kaleidoscope Heart.
The soundtrack to my first year of university was based on Lady Antebellum's Own the Night.
The summer between Freshman and Sophomore year was all about The Fray's album Scars & Stories.
The soundtrack to my second year of university was the Korean drama soundtracks for City Hunter and Secret Garden.
My first spring and summer terms in Provo (summer 2013) were set to the sound of Imagine Dragons.
Last semester was all about being introduced to Bastille.
So what will my soundtrack for India be?
I'm still trying to figure out. But I guess its not something I can really decide for myself... it will just happen. So far I think it might have something to do with the country music the café shop plays.
Or maybe it will be the sound of the mantras they get us to sing in class and during yoga ;)

Do you associate any music with one of your favourite times in your life?
Stéf




*Note (one year later): When I think about my time in India I think about "Wake Me Up" by Avicii. 

Comments

Popular Posts