Day 95: Simple Indian Food

This post is for those of you who like to cook-- but especially if you like to try food from different cultures. It's a simple meal idea that I plan on trying when I get home. If I were to go home today and make my family an Indian meal, this is what I would choose to make: 

I would cook some basmati: 

Then I would put together this really easy yoghurt sauce called Raitha: 


1-3 cups of yoghurt (your choice), blended with some salt (till smooth)
Add chopped purple onion 
Add a grated carrot 
Some coriander
And a little water, if it seems too thick

The Raitha is meant to be poured over the rice. 


Then I would find a recipe to make some chicken tikka. Something like this: 
(Okay this one might not be as simple as the rice and sauce but it would be worth it)


Yum right?? 

Love, 
Stéf


Ps. Also, I recommend listening to this song... cuz it's so good and everyone should know about The Avett Brothers. 

Start it at 41 seconds. 





Comments

Popular Posts