Day 91: Little Moments

Today there were a few moments that really hit me:

#1. I ran to the tailors this evening to get a dress I had asked him to fix for me. As I was walking away with my new clothes I realized just how amazing it is that I can WALK to the tailor's in 2 minutes and pay 100 rupees (like... 1.5 dollars) to get something tailored to fit me perfectly. I wish I could have that back home too.

#2. We were walking down the road with our friend Sarisha to go see her aunt. It was dark out and there was a power cut, so we couldn't really see the street and we were just being led blindly to a place we had never been. Motorcycles were driving by, dogs were running up and down the street and all of a sudden I thought-- WHOA I'm in India. IN India. It's been four months and it still doesn't seem real.

#3. We were sitting in Sarisha's aunt's house and chatting with the family. Then the most wonderful thing happened--the father brought out apples!! I haven't had an apple in 4 months!! I eat them daily back home. Nothing has tasted so delicious in a long time. <3 YUMMM.

Oh India, you are a lovely, lovely place.

Downside: I don't get to watch General Conference live so I hope that you are all taking advantage of that. Hearing the Church leaders speak to the world is one of my favourite things. I'm grateful for continued revelation and for Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father who love us so much.
Here's the link to watch it live:
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/live/languages?lang=eng

Love,
Stéf


Comments

Popular Posts