Leaving

I am sitting in the Seattle airport. It feels normal. I fly through here all the time. But what isn't normal is that my plane ticket says Seoul, Korea. I also have another ticket that says Mumbai, India. It just doesn't feel real. I'm expecting to fly back the way I came, land in Salt Lake City, go back to classes on campus and live the life I've had so far.

India has been my dream since grade 10. In a big way my decision to study anthropology was tied to this dream. I thought maybe one day it would bring me to India. And look-- its happening! 

Honestly, I'm afraid of not making the most of my time in India. So my resolution this year is to be brave- to do things I never would have seen myself doing in the past, to do things that make me uncomfortable and most of all to do things that will change me forever! I want to I want  to be enchanted by India, then disillusioned. I want to feel every single feeling-- even the ones that suck. I've been trying for months to figure out how to 'prepare' myself for what I'll experience there. It hasn't been working and I think I know why that is. I can't prepare for this. I can only trust myself and trust my Father in Heaven. Cuz just like almost everything in life you can only take it one step at a time.

Here's Alexis and I enjoying our last moments in America... of course we needed one last hamburger.
BYE!

Comments

  1. I am not too worried about you not making the best of an experience. You always do. I am sure that you will make the most of this adventure, not just for yourself but for all those around you and that you'll be adding lots of lessons learned into your bag of tricks. Also, there is no rush - you have 4 months. I'm proud of and happy for you even though thinking of you in India scares a bit. Love, maman

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts