Day 13: Friends and Faith

Today was one of those days where I couldn't be unhappy or homesick because I realized how much I have every moment of every day. Its true that I'm far from home and sometimes I wish I could be back with my roommates, talking about how our day went. Its true that sometimes I wish I could just go out and get some pizza from just down the road. But none of that changes the fact that that life still belongs to me. I still have my roommates at home; I still have a family that loves me-- and just because I am not there right now doesn't mean I'm not part of that anymore. I'm just seeing it from a little further off. And besides, tonight I had the chance to sit up and chat with the other seven students on this study abroad. I feel like sometimes life really just boils down to relationships... and I'm really happy to have the chance to become friends with these people! I think Heavenly Father makes our paths cross with other people so that we can sharpen each other. I know my weaknesses very well and I also know that I can't improve without some help-- so he leads me to people who will teach me something new, who will challenge me, and who will help me to be better (hopefully). We have already all become good friends and we have quite a bit of time left to go. I appreciate Sarah for her surprising gentleness and her sincerity. I admire Alexis for her dedication to her fiancĂ© and her subtle sassiness. I appreciate McKenna for her openness and for being the roomie I share my space with. I am always impressed by Carly's persistence in serving people and her contagious energy. Israel is always interested in knowing more about people and he asks really thoughtful questions. And Rebekah is always starting conversations and complimenting people in the sweetest way. I'm glad these are the people I get to explore India with!

Now for the best part of my day: I had a lot of free time which was really nice because I went to sleep pretty late last night (finished reading Allegiant!). I took a short nap, studied for a bit, hung out with the group and then I still had some time left over before we were going to go our for the evening. So I started listening to the Lamb of God CD. Lamb of God is a production by Rob Gardner that tells the story of Christ's last two weeks and his resurrection through music. Its a beautiful combination of narrative, orchestra, solos and choir. My roommate Kylie introduced it to me and last Easter we both performed in the choir section. While I was listening to the music today there was a line that really struck me... it's right after Jesus tells his disciples that one of them will betray him. They all begin to wonder if it could be them... and Peter says, "If I should leave thee where would I go?" This line is so beautiful to me. Besides everything that God has given me physically I KNOW that I could not live without him-- especially after having felt his comfort and his love for me. I think it would rip me to shreds. I can't imagine ever finding someone who can comfort me so perfectly. I can't imagine not believing in his power to be with me always. I think it would hurt too much! I am grateful for my Saviour. I love him so much-- but I know my love is imperfect. I can't give him very much at all. But he never leaves me... and with him I'm exactly where I want to be. I just don't ever want him to think I don't love him back.

I know some people might think that faith isn't enough-- that I've convinced myself into believing in something or someone that doesn't exist. But he's real. Straight up :D My Saviour does live and he sacrificed himself so that we could all make mistakes and be forgiven. He sacrificed himself so that we would NEVER be alone because he felt everything that we have ever felt and he understands us perfectly. It makes perfect sense. And most of all, I know it's true because I feel him in my life every day.

Love you all :)
Numaste!
Stéfanie


Comments

Popular Posts