First Day of Sophomore Year

First day of school! Sophomore year is looking like it is going to be amazing. I don't know what it is but for some reason it feels like everyone is being so much friendlier. Everyone last year was friendly too but I feel like when you are in mostly freshman classes everyone is so new they are just a little to nervous to push themselves out of their comfort zones. I can't even count the number of people I spoke to or who spoke to me today. And the best thing was that when I started conversations with someone they seemed just as interested in talking to me. Its been awesome and I feel on top of the world.

We had our first ward FHE tonight and I already love my ward. They are sooo social. And even more awesome then that is that everyone includes everyone! The old wardies have really made a point of doing that. It seems like they have a very strong philosophy about making our ward a very welcoming place for everyone and I love that because it helps me to be less judgemental and more out going!

There will be many more updates in the future but I will leave it at this. But I will say that I love all my classes. I am also pumped about being a TA! I had applied anthro today which will be very good for finding out about possible careers, then LDS marriage and family with Professor Kent Brooks who seems like an amazing teacher. My last class was biological anthro which is all about evolution... I'm actually very excited about this one. Its taught by a non-member visiting professor but he seems very respectful of our beliefs. And honestly, Im just excited to know how to defend myself when people ask me for my opinion about the theory about evolution. Because it is a tricky subject for religious people but I feel like its completely possible to reconcile science and religion. So I feel like at the end of this class I will be prepared to help others overcome some barriers or road bumps in their faith.

Knowledge is wonderful :) Im grateful Heavenly Father allows us to seek it now and in the eternities!
Love,

Stéf

Comments

Popular Posts