Provo Calls

If I close my eyes and imagine being back in Provo, going to school at BYU, it doesn't even seem possible that I could be so blessed. Literally, some days I just sit there for a few minutes on my bed before I wake up or before I go to sleep and I think to myself... is this really my life? Because even though life at BYU is incredibly hard and busy and full of emotions there is something completely uplifting about it. A little piece of Heaven. Something makes everyone work a little harder, strive a little more to better each day. Honestly, I have had hard times there. There are parts of BYU life that take some getting used to. Its easy to feel invisible.. especially your first year. Its easy to feel inadequate... every person has so much talent. Its easy to fall behind in school work... I recommend "constant vigilance" ;). But no matter the hardships they test you and strain you in such a way that builds every aspect of your testimony in Christ, your love for the Gospel and your reliance on your Saviour.. if you let it. 

In two weeks I will be starting my first day of Sophomore classes. I know life is going to be busy. Very busy. But we have been commanded to be anxiously engaged, and I know why! Because it feels so much better to be working hard and doing your best then any vacation. Vacations are lovely and I wouldn't want to go without them once in a while. But real life is hard work. And its is very rewarding. 

Comments

Popular Posts