One Year Finished

Can you believe it? Yesterday was my last day of classes. One year is already over. I guess I knew it would fly by this fast but it still feels surreal now that this time is actually here. This has been one of the most amazing years of my life. I have learned so much! Its hard to explain just how much this first year away from home changes you. Especially after coming here to BYU, I feel like I am the same person but I know more about myself and I can endure more.

Most of all I've learned how much my Saviour loves me and I love him. I've seen his hand in my life through everything. When I look back on the challenges of this year, I feel an overwhelming love for God for giving me the chance to go through hard times. I feel so much more confident, so much more ready to serve and love others. I know now that I have many experiences in the future that will refine me and I welcome them. I can do hard things. If they will help me to feel the spirit as I do now I am ready for any trial that comes my way. I think the Lord lets us falter so that we realize exactly who we should be holding onto.

I am very excited for this summer. I have no idea what is ahead. One of the biggest challenges will be being away from my best friends here. We have grown together in a way that I have never experienced before. I love them so much. These Americans are growing on me ;) Oh and that one Canadian girl, but she gets to come home with me:P haha But I am ready to go and take these new parts of me somewhere where I they can grow even more.

Four months away from this beautiful place will be hard. I'm starting to realize that this is home in a way. But I feel the spirit telling me that I am on the right path. That I will be at the right place, at the right time. I am just so grateful that life brings so many changes because I only grow when I am stretched and challenged.

Now I have to go study :) Enjoy this beautiful day! Love,

Stéfanie

Comments

Popular Posts