Moving Out

Julie, Kelsey and I moved out of our apartment yesterday. It was strange to think that someone could be moving into it in a few days. It has been our home in every sense for the last 8 months. Now we are going home to our families. I'm going to miss our late nights, our dance parties, our procrastination, our motivation, our laughs, our cries and everything else that came in between. I'm leaving that piece of home behind. Already today I've felt a little lost as I have thought of things I want to say and I've realized that they aren't at home waiting for an account of my day. We will have to settle for Skype for the next few months. Sometimes I am amazed that Heavenly Father knows me so well. I would never have guessed that Julie, Kelsey and I would become so united and so good for one another. The Lord definitely makes me see what is best. It taught me that trusting in him doesn't mean understanding immediately. It means letting him lead you down a path you can't see because its the only way to get to the blessings he has in store. No short cuts :) And anyways, whatever sacrifice he asks of me always seems so irrelevant in comparison to the blessings he offers. Also, Krista and Trevor got married today. I watched them come out of the temple, her in her stunning 50's white dress and him with a huge grin on his face. I love the way they looked at each other. They are going to be so happy together. They were at the right place, at the right time. Krista has been such a great example to me. She's taught me so much about how Heavenly Father prepares us for our eternal companion. Its not about your age. That's relative. Some people are prepared younger, some need a little more time. People might think you're not ready but its not about them. Its about what you know. And when you know that you love someone, that you can't picture your life without them and that you become a better, more Christ-like person because of their love then you should take that leap of faith. It won't be terrifying anymore- it will be exhilarating. I hope we all find that. Now here I am enjoying my last two days in Utah. On Monday I fly out to Texas to be with Julie and her family for a week. Then I will be back in Alberta, glad to be able to hug all those people I've been so long away from. It will be nice to get back in the rhythm of my YSA ward. And Kelsey and I could not be more excited for institute to start! :) Have a wonderful sabbath tomorrow, Love ya, Stéfanie

Comments

Popular Posts