Houston, Texas

I've had an awesome first week away from school. Almost right after Krista's wedding I flew out to Texas to spend sometime with Julie and her family. In the last week I have discovered my love for Houston. Mostly I love the homes! Could they be more gorgeous? Everything is made of brick and all the homes are huge. I have never seen so many divers and beautiful homes. Even better is the fact that they cost next to nothing in comparison to the homes back in Alberta. I don't think I would ever get used to driving past them without gawking. Why don't we see these out in the West? The food here is amazing too. I guess there is some legitimacy to Texas pride. SOME. Most of all I am enjoying spending time with Julie and her family. I feel like I have known them for a long time since Julie always talks about them but its nice that they can get to know me and I can see a part of where Julie comes from. They're crazy, just like her!! :D In the nicest possible way. Because I feel completely comfortable in their home. So here I am in Houston, Texas enjoying the life of a vacationing BYU student. Its interesting to me that no matter how much fun I am having sleeping in, going to the beach, enjoying the company of my awesome roommate and her terrific family, eating wonderful Tex Mex and BBQ, that despite all of these things I still never feel as content as when I am in school working hard and in a community serving others. So I can tell this summer is going to go by a little too slow for my taste. I'm going to miss the routine and learning of university life. I love how rewarding it is. But before I start getting excited to go back to BYU I will definitely be enjoying the feeling of being home with my mom, being closer to the rest of my family, working, spending time with my awesome YSA ward and just going with the flow. I'm sure there is a lot I can't see coming my way. Who knows what will come up in the next four months. Im just going to plan to enjoy it and to try not to be too impatient about going back to school.

Comments

Popular Posts