The view at the top of a mountain

Awe, BYU... why is this place so wonderful? Its so wonderful that sometimes I forget for two weeks to write about it on my blog. Woops ;) Well, here it is! The last two weeks have been great. This semester is a crazy jumble of unexpected twists with a comfortable mixture of everyday monotony. But I love it! Sometimes I have to stop and remind myself just how fast this will all fly by. Think about it... its almost been a year already! And I will be doing this for only four years... Its amazing to me that sometimes we have to climb high mountains just to see the beautiful view on the other side. Heavenly Father likes to show us that pushing through rough times opens our eyes to see as he sees. I'm still working at it but being here has helped me to find good things in my life no matter what.

So to catch up on the last few weeks. Julie, Kelsey and I have been making decisions about our housing situation for next year. A few weeks ago we were sure we were all going to live together but crazy things happen and sometimes Heavenly Father has a much better, yet completely different plan then our own. Im not sure why this will be better for us but Kelsey is finding her own place and Julie and I will be living together with two new girls just west of campus. We had our first experience apartment hunting and signing contracts last friday. We found this wonderful place called Canyon Terrace. Its extremely close to campus and we are both very excited about it.

Other than that, I had my interview for that job in France. I haven't heard back yet but it should be any day now. Or I hope so at least!

This semester has been great because I have been meeting some fantastic new people and we have been getting to know a lot more of the members in our ward. It feels like we are really settling in. I was walking around on campus the other day and I realized the complete transformation... at the start of last semester I could go a whole day walking around without recognizing anyone. Now, I see people everywhere from my past classes, my ward, and friends I have met throughout the past six months.

I am extremely happy, and life isn't necessarily perfect but is it really worth noticing? I feel super blessed. I have direction and motivation and I have awesome people to talk to and share life with. Which reminds me that I want to write a shout out to my friend Kylie Rothlisberger for being so awesome!

I miss home still but Provo is home too. I love hearing from those wonderful people back in my beautiful country. :) I hope you are all doing well! I hope you always remember that life is a gift from our father in Heaven and he wants us to make the most of it. To him that means serving others, loving everyone, experiencing his wonders and growing in our knowledge everyday.

One of my Professors likes to remind us everyday that we are completely unique and created for a purpose! Each of us is good at something which can help us to serve God's children. I think about it all the time.. what is it that he has planned for me to do? Because we are all here now for a purpose. It isn't random and it isn't pointless. We can do something for someone because of who God helps us to become.

Have a great week!
Stef

Ps. Here's what I'm learning in my favourite class... Did you know that 80% of Utah lives within site of the Wasatch Fault and that every 350 years an earthquake occurs here that drops the whole valley about 10 meters along its extensional fault? Well, its been at least 350 years since the last one. Crazy though eh? Its definitely a little dangerous but it makes for some beautiful topography. Let's pray that seismic code protects us and the buildings we live in.

Comments

Popular Posts