Miracles and More

"O all ye that have imagined up unto yourselves a god who can do no miracles [...] God has not ceased to be a god of miracles" Mormon 9: 15

Yeah, Heavenly Father works amazing miracles. I'm sure to others they would seem small but they are not to me. He has found a way of shaping my life in the last few weeks. He has shown me that nothing is out of his reach or impossible. I thought that the grades I wanted were impossible. And logically they were. But somehow through him nothing is impossible.

He has this amazing way of taking every single opportunity in my life and giving me a glimpse into the person he wants me to be and what he wants me to do. My geology teacher told my class something I will never forget this week. He asked us each to look at the careers we want for ourselves and then he told us to think about how we can use the education we receive and our passion in life to help others.

I know this is what my Saviour and my Heavenly Father have asked me to do in this life. My purpose is to serve others. Nowadays the world has this philosophy of "I do what I want". Don't you think that we owe each other more than that? Don't you think life is about so much more? I want to be able to look around and love the people I see more than I love myself. Because no matter how much I care about myself I wont be happy unless I do something to help others. After all my Saviour has done for me I really don't deserve anything- yet he blesses me continually. But he blesses me so that I can bless others.

I want to remember that I am accountable for the time I spend on this earth. I know I can be using a lot of my time for better causes. Some people think that believing in God makes me or others weak. They think that we can't live without direction. But to those people I want to say that you don't understand exactly what you don't have. There is a joy that comes when you come to know your Father in Heaven. It fills you with purpose and hope and complete happiness- despite hardships, despite fears. I know that he lives and that he knows me. He knows in what ways I want to improve. He knows that I forget how to be compassionate. Yet with his help, with the strength he lends me even if I don't deserve all he gives me, I am able to reach beyond just myself.

This life is not about me. I am slowly learning that I need more humility in my heart to understand that I am here to help others. My talents are not my own. They are for the benefit of others. My resources are not my own- they are to serve God's children.

This week has been so amazing to me. It has been a week of miracles and self-discovery. I have a testimony that God lives and has a plan. "Heavenly Father loves us more than he loves our immediate happiness". Things may not always make sense but they happen to shape us into the person he knows we can be.

I love my Saviour and his atonement. I love the Book of Mormon and the words written which help me to communicate with my Father in Heaven. I am grateful for prayer and I know that Heavenly Father wants to listen to all of us. Talk to him :) He loves you.

I love you too. Have a great week. Remember that miracles happen everyday- just ask!

Stefanie

Comments

Popular Posts