I'm going to India. Really.

Today I remembered that I have a blog. Hi blog!

And since I've neglected to document almost all of September I thought I should take the time to review the last 3 weeks. But full sentences are for blog posts not being written at one in the morning. So here are some incomplete sentences to give you a sense of what I have been up to.

I'm back at BYU. Super pumped. Cool classes. Even cooler roommates. Homework. Reading. Research project. Ramen. 5k training. Talking with my roommates. Laughing with my roommates. Big decisions. Going to India in January. Writing papers. Imagine dragons. Rooftop Concerts. Dance parties. Meeting new people. Having way too much fun. Homework. Time spent in the library. Sleep. Wanting to sleep. TAing. Crazy Provo weather. Translating. Best D&C class ever. More dancing. House decorating. Hula dancing. BYUSA. Vocal point parties. Ice cream. Korean dramas. Going to AZ for christmas. Research. India planning.
There! :) Now you're updated.

So, I'm going to India. For reals this time. I was supposed to go all summer but my internship got canceled. This time its going to happen. Ill be leaving January 1st and coming back at the end of April. FOUR MONTHS! Yeah, it seems crazy to me too. This is my dream-- I've wanted to do this for a really long time. But I keep thinking i'll wake up one day and it will be canceled-- like the last time I planned to go. I'm doing my best to believe it.

I will be there to do my anthropological research at BYU's field school in Vishakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh. Sadly, they speak Telagu in this area so I probably wont get to practice my Hindi too much. BUT I will hopefully get to travel for two weeks after with some of my classmates to go to the north where they speak Hindi.

I also feel super blessed that despite how exciting it is to be going to India I have so many things to be sad to leave behind. Its strange thinking about leaving BYU during a legit semester when everyone is going to carry on with school and work. I've always imagined I would go during spring and summer when everyone has already left Provo. But no, life will go on. I'm going to miss my roommates like crazy. They are the best friends I could ask for and I feel like I need each one of them for specific reasons.

I need Kylie for her straight forward, blunt way of dealing with problems.

I need Ashley for her gentleness and willingness to listen.

I need Hannah for her refreshing perspective on life-- especially BYU life.

I need Sydney for her clear thinking and her wisdom.

I need Brittney for her easy-going personality and her ability to make me laugh.

And in general I need all of them because of the way they love me and they love each other. So much love! Our apartment is a great place to be.

So my new goal is to soak up the time I have to be here in Provo before I leave. Right now that means sleeping so I can be functional in church tomorrow ;)

Night!

Stéfanie

Comments

Popular Posts