10 Things I Love about Fall

Ollo!
You might have noticed that its that time of the year again-- that time of the year when you have to bundle up every morning to walk to class, when everyone is saying goodbye to summer and your body starts to prepare for long winter months (by MAKING you eat everything in sight). 

But guess what? :) There are so many wonderful things about fall. And I today I want to think about all of the things that make me love fall; ok, maybe not all of them because I really love fall but  my TOP TEN :) I hope it gets you excited! Here we go. 

1. Pumpkin flavoured everything
If you know me well then you probably know how much pumpkin is my thing. I like pumpkin smoothies, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin cream of wheat, pumpkin pie and some days you can find me just straight up eating pumpkin puree with cinnamon. So right about now I'm just dying of excitement for that. 

2. Fall running 
I like to run. But I hate to run when it is hot out; even warm weather just kills my desire to get out there. Its uncomfortable and running is already uncomfortable enough without adding onto that. So fall weather is AWESOME! I can go running any time of the day! 


3. Provo Canyon 
I grew up in Québec where fall is incredible. Then I moved to Alberta where fall doesn't even exist (your lucky if you find anything other than pine trees). Coming to Provo is like getting the best of two worlds. I get to see beautiful mountains (just like in Alberta) but they are covered in just as much colour as the forests of Québec. I'm in love with nature here. 

4. Pantoufles
That right there is a french word for "the most incredibly comfortable and beautifully knit slipper socks my grandma gives me every year". Seriously you guys, you haven't experienced fall until my grandma has made you pantoufles. They are so warm and comfy that I am delighted at the prospect of jumping out of bed every morning... in theory. 

Seriously, don't my feet look so happy right now??


5. Holiday spirit

I love people during this time of the year. Everyone gets all pumped up about Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas! Honestly, I've already skipped to being super excited about Christmas (87 days till christmas!!) Jk (sort of). But I am really excited for Canadian Thanksgiving (2 weeks from now!). There's just so much to be grateful right now. 


6. General Conference 
NEXT WEEKEND! :) Its so wonderful to me that twice a year God's prophet and leaders speak to the world to give us counsel. And Heavenly Father knows exactly what we need. I always get my prayers answered. Elder Scott and Elder Eyring are my guys. Somehow they always say exactly what I need to hear. Also, I'm really starting to connect with Elder Christofferson. I cannot wait :) 

7. Fall sweaters

I love being warm. But more than that, I love being cozy warm when it is cold outside. There are few things better. Maybe my Canadian is showing but I love just curling up on a couch in a warm sweater, wearing my pantoufles and reading a book or hanging out with people. Being cozy is in my top ten favourite feelings. 

8. Fall romances
Not that this happens to me regularly but you know how people get spring fever? I get fall fever. Not really for myself. For other people. I love LOVE! haha and I think this is the cutest time of the year for that. 

9. Good memories

When I look back I have a lot of favourite memories in the fall. I took my Grade 11 English class in the fall and it was one of the most pivotal points in my life. So now whenever this time of year comes around I get the urge to write poetry, watch Dead Poet's Society, and 'Seize the day'. 

10. BYU Football

Sadly, I don't have a pass this year but I love going to football games. I love the social aspect and just the team spirit. Its so fun to be part of something so big... there are so many BYU students and alumni. In high school I never cheered for any of the teams. Mostly thats because school sports aren't very big in Canada. But it was also because I didn't really feel like my high school community was very united. But BYU is united. And not just in cheering for a team; its united in standards and belief and goals. Its a wonderful place to be-- and though we could do more to be unified, we are doing pretty dang well. 


So there you have it. 

Fall is fantastic :) Why did God create a world that would change seasons? Personally, I think its a reminder that everything SHOULD change. We can't keep doing the same things we have always done. We can't just stay in our comfort zone. We have to push ourselves; we have to shed some leaves to grow new ones. In some cases that might mean that we have to repent and turn back to Heavenly Father. But sometimes it just means we need to let God shape us and our talents to become someone who can serve him more effectively. So fall reminds me that changes are good; changes are part of Heavenly Fathers plan. And I love his plan. He always leads me to the best places. 

See you around,

Stéf



Comments

Popular Posts