Mona and Moving Forwards


As I looked at my schedule today I realized that my first midterm is coming next week. Time flies when you are having fun! I have learned so much in the last few weeks of being here. Most of all I have learned that Heavenly Father provides a way for our lives to be balanced when we ask and trust in him. I thought this semester was going to be insane. But things have worked out perfectly to give me just the right amount of time for everything I need to do. In some ways I feel like I’ve been given extra time to focus a little more on the social aspect. I know, crazy huh? Sometimes homework, classes and studying aren’t the best things you can be doing at every moment! I’m glad I am learning that lesson. I have met some really amazing people that I’m sure will change my life.

This weekend I went with my roommates and friends, Ben, Josh, Cade and Juan to Mona Lake. There are a few rope swings there and we had a ton of fun. The weather was great and the water was a little chilly. It was awesome though. Soon summer will be over so we are trying to get all of this fun stuff in before that happens. This upcoming weekend we are considering going to St. George. I would love to go there since I’ve never been. That’s where Shybree is from.

We also watched the BYU vs. Utah football game over at Ben’s apartment. They (Ben and his brothers) made pizza in the parking lot beforehand. It was delicious. The game itself was so fun to watch. The last few minutes were intense and then very funny. The Ute fans rushed the field when there was still one second left in the game. We were so close to getting a field goal and going into overtime (did I get the terminology right?). Even though BYU lost I think it will be a very good memory to look back on for a long time.

We also had church regional conference here this weekend and Elder Dallin H. Oaks spoke to us. One year ago he was visiting here for a CES fireside. That was the first time I had seen an apostle (well, other than seeing Gordon B. Hinckley when I was eight). Now its one-year later and I’ve seen almost every apostle and our prophet, President Monson. Being in Utah provides a lot of amazing opportunities to learn right at the feet of the Lord’s chosen. I thought I would never get used to it but part of me has. I need to keep reminding myself that not so long ago this was not normal for me. Then I remember to appreciate it the way I should. It’s easy to start taking it for granted.

That’s all the updates I have for now! 

Have a great week!

Stéfanie 

Comments

Popular Posts