So It Begins

I've been back in Provo for nearly two weeks now. Life is good :) First of all I have a very social ward. Canyon Terrace is terrific because the moment you walk out of your door you see at least one or two people from the ward. Its great for getting to know people. Also, we have had a few ward socials so I feel like we (my roommates and I) are getting to know a ton of people. 

All my classes are terrific. Hindi101 is proving to be difficult but very rewarding. I like my teacher a lot. Shrimati Carroll is a very good teacher. The coolest thing is that she is in the process of re-translating the Book of Mormon into Hindi. That would be a really cool experience. So far I can say: Nuhmaste, mera naam Stefanie hai. Mera major anthropology hai. Mein Canada se hoon. (Which means: Hello, my name is Stefanie. My major is anthropology. Im from Canada.) Okay I can say a few more things like yes: ji ha, no: nahi, what: kya.... and I almost have all of the devanagari letters memorized. Baby steps :D 

Applied Anthropology is going well. I don't think that class is going to be too much of a challenge. I think the best part is that we get to do a real research on how to improve the Harold B. Lee library. Sounds good to me :) Biological Anthropology is interesting too. We are just learning about evolution, natural selection, all that good stuff. 

Most of all I am loving my job! I am a teaching assistant for Anthropology 101 with Dr. Crandall. It is actually really fun. I teach a lab once a week and the rest of the time I just mark things, study the course material and help students get a good grade. I like it more than my other classes, which is saying something. 

So that's what my first few weeks here have looked like. I love my roommates (our new roomie, Shybree, is possibly one of the funnest, nicest people I know), I love my classes, I love our apartment and I have met a ton of really great people. I've also had some new experiences-- such as fainting in the JFSB, or going to a temple open house (Brigham City), or dancing on Provo mainstreet at a Latin fest. 

I'm sure there are many more adventures to come. So far sophomore year is looking pretty good! 

Comments

  1. Ah now I see it! I was sick all day and I started feeling better so I went to my evening class... but half way through I started feeling really dizzy again, so I got up to go to the washroom and was walking through the hall... and the next thing I remember is waking up on the floor, my glasses were broken, my knee scraped... and then I fainted like, two more times before a girl found me and helped me to the washroom. It was kind of crazy and its all a blur now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what happened to me last year at the movie theatre!!! Are you okay now? Why did I just find out? I'm Josh. I need to know things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Im reverting to texting you now

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts