Lots and Lots of Sunshine

HI!

Today I am done. Done what?? I am done my sophomore year of college. Not only does that mean I have one more year down... that also means I am HALF WAY to getting my undergraduate degree. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?? One moment I'm packing up my things to the melancholy sound of Sara Bareilles and the next I am sitting in my slightly packed apartment, with a bunch of anthropology books and a very different me than two years ago.

Where does the time go? The changes, the challenges, the ups and downs have made these the two most jam-packed years of my life. But no two years have ever gone by faster. To think that the next two years will probably go by even faster is a little mind-boggling. I will just have to make the very most of them.

In honor of this milestone (as I cross over into the territory of other Juniors) I would like to look back at some of the epic, appropriate moments of the past two years to share on this blog:

1. Moving in with Julie and Kelsey
2. Realizing Julie and Kelsey were meant for me in so many ways
3. Seeing apostles and Thomas S. Monson for the first time live
4. Getting USED TO seeing prophets and apostles live (thought it would never happen!)
5. Met a ton of wonderful guys; shout out to our boys (Scott, Josh and Ben; oh and I really want to throw Josh and Juan in here)
6. Making a new best friend: Kylie
7. Realizing just how perfect Anthro is for me
8. Deciding to minor in Geology
9. Going home for the summer; having my first adult relationship with a great guy who introduced me to the joys of rock climbing (honestly, I need to get back into that this summer); spending time away from BYU and really growing to appreciate everything I have here; having some summery adventures with Kelsey
10. Moving back to BYU; moving in with Kylie, Julie and Shybree
10.5. Starting my job as an Anthro 101 TA (love it)
11. Deciding not to minor in Geology
11.5. Realizing that what I really want to do with my Anthro degree is get a Masters in Social Work and work with immigrants
12. Freaking out about the mission announcement
13. Deciding not to go on a mission for the time being
14. Deciding to go to India for an internship all of Summer 2013
15. Going home for Christmas and, for the first time, not going to Calgary or Airdrie
16. Buying my plane ticket to India for Summer 2013
17. Kelsey Hirsche gets engaged!
18. Finding out that my internship in India is canceled
18.5. Going through a crisis where I try to figure out what I am supposed to do with my life (Spring classes? Field Study? Mission? Calgary?)
19. I decide to stay in Provo for Spring and Summer
20. Julie Willis gets engaged!
21. I finish all my classes with flying colours (Yeah... actually, about that.... I don't know yet)
21.5. Realizing that what I would love to research in India for my thesis is the influence of immigration on relationships between family members spread across different countries
22. Starting to run again with my lovely roommate and motivator Kylie

And there you have it. Now for the next 3 upcoming events:
23. Moving to Regency with Kylie and Julie; kicking it in Provo all summer long!
24. Getting a job as a lifeguard at the BYU pool (OK... I'm not sure about this one, but I really, really hope so)
25. Getting Scuba certified :D

SO life is good. Provo is good. University is good. And most of all God is good :) All of this meant so much more because it helped me to strengthen my relationship with him and my Saviour. Because if there is anything all of these changes have taught me, it is that there may be twists and turns but their love is always constant.

So its a sunshiny day and all is well! Its even warm back in Calgary today (By the way, Canada friends, I do  miss you all terribly and part of me would love to be coming home just to see and spend time with all of you this summer... I just know that this is where I am supposed to be right now).

Sending all my love, from here all the way to wherever you are reading this.

PEACE ;)

Stéf


Comments

Popular Posts