Pictures, Patience and Perfection

Happy American Thanksgiving break!!!!!! Thank goodness its here. I may have a 15 page paper to write and thirty 8-page papers to grade but somehow that doesn't matter! Because I am going to have a blast. With Julie. In our apartment. ALL WEEK. Sadly, Kylie and Shybree are going to be gone-- they are going home to see their families. 

These last few weeks have been amazing. I've had so much fun with my friends. I've written many papers. We decorated our apartment for Christmas. I started watching this amazing Korean drama called The King 2 Hearts (seriously, watch it... I'm obsessed). Also, I have the best FHE family ever... we had an indexing competition this week and we won!! The best part was this it brought us so much closer together. I'm really grateful for all the amazing things I have in my life here. 

Here are some pictures from the last few weeks to catch up on everything I've been doing!

 Look at that gorgeous Julie.


Julie brought home a new roommate. We are fairly fond of him.


As you can see we got pretty excited for Christmas. This is only the beginning.


 This was taken at the Diwali festival that we went to on Saturday. Great Indian food, some cool performances and my roommates even got some Henna done.


I've been feeling a little homesick for the last few weeks. Not the bad, disabling kind of homesickness. More the kind of homesickness that reminds you why you love something and why you should be thankful for it. I will be going home for Christmas in less than a month- but I will be spending most of the three weeks in Wainwright. I'm sad I wont get to see anyone from Airdrie/Calgary (unless something works out) but I am really excited to spend time with my family and just enjoy the peace and quiet of that little town. Its one of my favourite places to go for a break because I have great memories there! And I get to spend LOTS of with my dad and Jenna. 

I have some goals: 
1. Read a classic (probably something by Dickens)
2. Paint a little bit :) I miss that. 
3. Go ice skating
4. Knit.. a bunch!

On the inspiring, spiritual side of things I've been thinking a lot lately about perfectionism. I tend to do this to myself, where I make lists and lists of things I want to do each day and then I feel disappointed in myself when I can't/don't get it all done. I know sometimes we want to run when we really don't have the strength to maintain that pace for very long. So sometimes walking is all you can do. But the important part is that you are moving forward! Perfection is a process... and usually it takes more than a lifetime. Patience and persistence are necessary. But don't beat yourself up. 

Love, 
Stéfanie 

Comments

Popular Posts