Its All True

When I was in high school I thought weeks would fly by. Now they jet by. And I love it! Now you may ask "why do you love it Stefanie?" Let me tell you! It is because CHRISTMAS is coming soon!

I know a lot of people love Christmas with a passion but I can't help saying this. Is it not the best time of the year? Everyone is so kind, so loving and there is an added spirit. When I think about Christmas I get this overwhelming feeling of happiness because Im so grateful that Jesus Christ was born for us. Of course presents are nice but it is all the little things and the birth of the baby that changed all of our lives that makes me so excited for this time of the year.

I love traditions. I love sneaking out of my room to go sleep by the Christmas tree (I still do it!). I love making Christmas donuts with my family, watching the Grinch with my sister (over and over again), I love the nativity pageant in Calgary, Christmas lights, SNOW, the festival of lights in Airdrie, finding a way to serve someone every day, Christmas devotionals, the Forgotten Carols, putting our ornaments on the tree... everything :)

Okay, Im sorry. I know its not even November yet. Last year in November my mom let me put up our Christmas tree. Isn't she a terrific mother? Now I'm in college and super far away from home. I don't know if I will have a Christmas tree this year. I'm not sure if my mom is putting it up without us.

So now you know what I have been thinking about all week ;)

School is going well. I have two midterms again next week. I'm a tad confused on how this works? Didn't I just have midterms three weeks ago!? lol Oh well. I am very motivated to do well on them. So I might not do much this weekend. Except tonight- because I am going to a haunted corn maze with my friends Scott, Julie, Josh O., Josh R., and Gina! I am excited.

Thing morning I have a quick training meeting for Relief society (I'm a visiting teaching supervisor). It should be lots of fun. I love the girls in my ward- well, the ones that I know at least, its a big ward.

My thought for this week: Jose Alanso said this in the last General Conference "Do the right the right thing at the right time without delay". I love that statement and I know I can improve on that. Heavenly Father does lead us to help people. So when you feel like you should serve someone, send someone a note of encouragement, phone your parents, ask a friend how their feeling, or maybe even go on facebook thinking that you will invite the first person you see from your ward to go to the temple (Gina!)- JUST DO IT! There is a reason for everything.

I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. In the words of my awesome Book of Mormon teacher- "its all true"!

Have a great week! :)

ps. Here is an awesome song by Michael Mclean (its a Christmas one but I love it at anytime of the year)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a41wPG6AqeI

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts