Fun, Fulfillment and Fall!

I am going to make this quick because it is late and I am going to be a responsible adult this week. I had a terrific time this weekend. It was exactly what I needed. My friends and I had a bit of a chick flick marathon going on (Julie and I can't resist). We also went to supper with Kelsey's parents, went to the football game, had a games night and got slightly obsessed with 'Words for Friends' (scrabble).

Most importantly I think I learned a lot about service and I hope that I was able to help a few people out. I tried to plan something for every day of the week. It turned out pretty good. I am just grateful because it made my week much more fulfilling. I am definitely going to keep going with it.

It is fully fall here :) Yay! It is so beautiful! This time of the year makes me so extremely happy. I love the crisp feeling in the air, the burnt orange leaves, the need to wear a fall coat- all of it! Tomorrow we are making our jack-o-lantern. And we are planning on watching The Nightmare Before Christmas some time this week. The strange thing is that I am in a super christmasy spirit right now. My roommates are getting tired of it I'm sure (right girls?? :P). I have this assignment in my english class that has something to do with the season so I've really been getting into it. Everything reminds me of christmas. Dim lights, songs, my grinch blanket, warm clothes- and so on.

Perhaps it is because I am so excited to visit home in less than two months! (WOW this semester is flying by!) For any of you that may be wondering about my plans, I will be home December 17th and I will be spending the first week at my dad's. Then I will be back in Airdrie on the 27th or so (until the 3rd I think).

Okay my focus for the next week is to be more diligent in getting things done early. I feel like I usually start of the week really strong. This usually happens because I feel so refreshed and inspired after the sabbath. But I want to end the week strong too.

I love y'all. I hope you know that you are worth so much. You have so much potential. You can brighten a person's day just with a smile. If that doesn't make you feel fulfilled and happy I don't think anything can. Just remember how blessed you are. Happiness is a choice within you. It is the most attractive quality you can possess. Happiness doesn't miraculously come under the best of circumstances. It should come despite circumstances. Life is never perfect. We need to remember to be happy now instead of saying to ourselves, "when this happens, then I'll be happy".

Take a look at yourself and remember that you are a child of God. I know that you are. I know that I am. I am so grateful for that knowledge because it sustains me. It reminds me that I have a Heavenly Parent that cares about the little things and the big things.

If you are having a hard time remembering this, email me and I will tell you exactly how special you are. :)

Good luck this week. I just want to end with one of my favourite scriptures:

"Awake, my sons [and daughters]; put on the armor of righteousness. Shake off the chains with which ye are bound, and come forth out of obscurity, and arise from the dust" 2 Nephi1:23

Comments

Popular Posts