Just a Little Push

I know I've said it before but let me say it again: God knows what he is doing with our lives. It's been proved to me many times in the past , but never more so than in this last month of my life.

I can't describe the parts of me India changed. In a lot of ways it didn't "change" me. I feel like the same person. But India left its stamp on my life by giving me experiences that will forever be reference points for a million things--a million future thoughts and events. Now , I can't imagine the day I will look at poverty and not think of my home in Vizag--just like I can't imagine ever forgetting the beautiful feeling of sitting on the balcony of our home and watching the neighbourhood , the birds and the rickshaws come to life every morning. 

When I think about challenges I'll think about my time there and when I think about happiness I will think of my time there too. 

Despite the difficulties of my last week in India, despite the expense it was to replace my passport and get back to Canada , I really would not want to change it. 

I'm the kind of person that sometimes needs to be pushed into things. I tend to want everything at the same time. I want to be in India; I want to be in Canada. I want to be in shape; I want to eat all the food in the word. ; ) There aren't enough hours in the day for me to have everything that I want , to do everything that I want to do. Sometimes it weighs me down and I feel stretched thin as I try to decide what is better and what is best.

But Heavenly Father always knows. And sometimes he steps in to make sure I go down the path he wants me to take.

That is what he has done here.

So maybe i'll find something to write about again : )

Stéf 

Comments

Popular Posts