Your Shine is Like a Mirror


This week I am just writing a quick update on my first spring in Provo. May has been a good month for me. Its strange to think that a month ago I was bogged down in finals and papers, just finishing up the hardest semester of my life (so far) and living in another apartment. 

Now I am taking 3 classes (Intro to Art, Linguistic Anthropology, and Scuba diving). Needless to say, its a lot more chill. Since its spring the material is compressed but I am not working a whole lot (or at all, most of the time) so that frees up a lot of my time. 

So what do I do with that free time? A few things! :) 

1. I hang out with my lovely friends (chatting, eating, playing water polo, games nights, movies... you know, all that fun stuff)
2. Read! I've read a lot in the last month. I read The Fault in Our Stars (recommended by Kylie; its pretty good), Sisterhood Everlasting (reading Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants will never be the same again after reading this sequel), and I re-read Ender's Game (if you haven't read it yet go that right now!). 
3. I draw a lot more now. Part of it is homework. But I am loving it :) 
4. I started a new Korean Drama. Its called 9 end 2 outs. Its not the best one I have ever watched but I have seen some pretty great K-dramas and so my options are limited. Ps. If you have never seen a Korean drama you are missing out my friend... go to dramacrazy.net (and watch King 2 Hearts first)
5. I've been translating a book for one of my professors a bit here and there (the book is really interesting but its surprisingly hard to find words in English that match what the French is saying)

So I am doing a decent amount of stuff. I wish I was doing more! 

Lastly, I want to write about some thoughts that I had at institute this week. It is a LDS Marriage and Family institute class and I am really learning a ton. We were talking about why the Holy Ghost is necessary and our teacher's comments were very insightful. She said that we do not have enough time in our mortal lives to experience everything that we would need to experience to make the wise choices we need to make in this life. It is just not possible for us to have all the knowledge, all the understanding that we need to make some choices. Knowing that don't you just feel so indebted to God for giving us a companion, the Holy Ghost, who can make up for what we lack? The Lord doesn't expect us to do anything alone. He gives us all his wisdom, if we ask and listen! :) Sometimes his directions don't make sense. Sometimes we are too stubborn to admit that it does make sense. But his path is always the one that leads the most directly back to him. Always (that's a fact)!

Have a great week!

Stéfanie 

Ps. Here's my favourite song right now... :) Some of the best YouTubers out there! 

Comments

Popular Posts