Snow and Simple Quizzes


What a lovely week we have had here in Provo :) Or perhaps I should say two weeks, since I didn't write last Sunday. Let me tell you about the exciting things that have been going on here!

First of all, I had my second midterms last week. I did well on them :) Really well! I feel very blessed.

Then last Sunday we had stake conference... guess who was the main speaker? Well, since BYU is on of the coolest places in the world we were taught by M. Russell Ballard. It was amazing and it was the first time I have heard an apostle of the Lord away from a camera or teleprompter. It was very powerful. He didn't speak on a specific topic. He just gave general advice but it was exactly what I needed.

This week I was writing my second eight page paper for Anthropology. It was tougher than I expected. But I got it done! I also handed in three out seven of my papers/essays for my Honours writing class. So my classes are coming to an end though the climax is still ahead with my finals. However, it is wonderful to think that I have made it through my first semester of university... and that I may finish with a GPA that could allow me to get my tuition payed. Yay!

Sidenote: We had our first real snow! It was beautiful... and now it is gone. Oh Utah, so warm ;)

I love it here, though every day I get more excited to get back home! It will be a wonderful vacation to see my family and friends. Mostly though I am excited to celebrate Christmas and our Saviour's birthday! It is the best time of the year. I'm grateful for an amazing family that I can go back to for the season. And I'm grateful that I have two amazing wards (Airdrie 1st and Confed. Park Ward) to welcome me back.

My awesome Young Women's leader Sister Berryman sent me a lovely package with beautiful pictures of the young women I love so much from back home. It made my day!

This upcoming week is American Thanksgiving. I get five days off of school and let me tell you.. everyone is ecstatic! We are sooo happy to have a break. I have a lot of things I want to do and I think it will be a very productive week :)

I love you all.

Here's a quote for you:
"If you desire to find the true spirit of Christmas and partake of the sweetness of it, let me make this suggestion to you. During the hurry of the festive occasion of this Christmas season, find time to turn your heart to God. Perhaps in the quiet hours, and in a quiet place, and on your knees—alone or with loved ones—give thanks for the good things that have come to you, and ask that His Spirit might dwell in you as you earnestly strive to serve Him and keep His commandments" Howard W. Hunter

Isn't that an amazing quote??

Have a wonderful week! <3

Stefanie

ps. Right about now I would love to watch the Grinch with my little sister and my big brother. I miss you Jenna and Jeremy!

Comments

Popular Posts