Forget Me Not

Yet another sunny week here in beautiful Provo, Utah. I can't even express how blessed I feel. Im so grateful for the support my Saviour gives me. He is continually by my side and I feel his love for me. I know it is the same for all of us: he is always there to talk to.

I feel as if I still have a lot to improve on. My initial burst of motivation has lowered by some degree and I now have to work much harder to push myself. I am determined that I wont let myself and Heavenly Father down though. He has given me such an amazing opportunity in letting me attend this university. I am going to do everything I possibly can to make the most of it.

The only class I find really hard to get into is my English class (and if you know me well you know this is really unusual for me). The only problem with this class is that all my essays are due at the end of the semester.. this makes it so much harder not to procrastinate. Im also afraid of failure. I usually do so well when it comes to writing but I am afraid that now that I am in university I will realize that writing might not be as much of a strength as I once thought it was.

Other than that life is fantastic :) I went to the second BYU football home game Friday. Thankfully they won!! We were pretty excited.

Yesterday, Julie and I- and our friends Scott and Josh- went to pick apples at an orchard for a food bank service project. It was a ton of fun and we got to bring some apples back home. I LOVE picking apples. When I lived in Quebec I used to go to this island every fall with my family to pick apples. I miss it a lot. I miss being small enough to climb in the branches to reach the highest, shiniest apples.

Last night we had the Relief Society broadcast. It was really a great experience.
I am so grateful for living prophets who testify of Christ and of the verity of this gospel. I am also so grateful for faithful women who serve us under the direction of the priesthood. These women are so remarkable. I want to dedicate my life for the good of God's children just like they have.

Dieter F. Uchtdorf spoke near the end of the meeting. He used a beautiful analogy I want to share. He compared us to the tiny, beautiful flower called "Forget Me Not"s. Perhaps we sometimes think of ourselves as insignificant and small. Perhaps we doubt our own worth and unique beauty. But our Father forgets no one. He does not forget even the smallest of his creations. He does not forget you.

He spoke of five things we must never forget (because each Forget Me Not flower has five petals)
1. Forget not to be patient with yourself
2. Forget not to be happy NOW
3. Forget not to sacrifice good for better
4. Forget not to remember the 'why' of the gospel
5. Forget not that he loves you

I am so grateful for his counsel. We can each make what we want from his message but I hope you know that God does know you individually. He knows what trials you need to be strengthened, he knows what you need to be comforted and he loves you for all of your strengths and even more for you flaws.

Thank you for your love and support :) Im so blessed to have so many amazing people (like you!) in my life! I love the gospel of Jesus Christ and I know that prayer and faith can get us through anything! Life is such a great thing! I hope we can all take a look around and see the great things we are blessed with!

"Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunshine" Gordon B. Hinkley

There is sunshine all around.

Love,

Stefanie

Comments

Popular Posts