Luminy

This weekend Jared and I decided to head out to the Luminy calanques just outside of Marseille. We had been hearing about this place since we got here but since we knew there was a hike involved we kept putting it off because we just didn't have a lot of time to spare. But we had no other plans this saturday and a hike sounded great. We jumped on Bus 21 and within 15 minutes we were in the middle of the mountains and cliffs. (Luminy is a university by the way)

So we got on the trail and headed off with just a few directions from a local who thought we were crazy to hike without sun hats. He had two on for good measure. 


The walk was beautiful. It was nice to be surrounded by trees again. And the path was easy enough to find.

And then suddenly we come over a ridge and this is what we see. #Marseille

And as we get closer we realize that there are a ton of people in the water and that there are even boats anchored in the bay, just hanging out.


 It doesn't look super blue but believe me, it was. And everyone was speaking English haha so I guess it's a pretty popular spot among the tourists and the locals. 

You see that tower of rocks? People where cliff jumping off of that!! 

As we were walking I was reminded that there are billions of beautiful things to see in this world but it's up to us to take advantage of our time. 
Sometimes I don't want to go out, or I don't want to step out of my comfort zone... but every time that I do I'm so so grateful I did! 

I have learned more about myself here in Marseille than I thought I would. 
I learned that I am not everything I want to be, but that some of the things I want for myself are just not going to be my priorities. I don't need to see the whole world, I don't need to be stick-thin, and I don't need to be super charismatic. These things are not what I want my life to be focused on. Because in a lot of ways, they distract me from what is most important. What is most important is appreciating little moments, finding beauty in everything (and in myself), and developing my relationships with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Those other things may or may not come along the way--but I'll be happy either way.

Love, 
Stéfanie 

Comments

Popular Posts