Oh Canada!

First week back in Alberta! It turned out to be a little bit of a roller coaster trying to make it home. Thankfully I was blessed and I got stuck in lovely Arizona where I got to spend a wonderful day with one of my best friends Kylie Rothlisberger. We had fun eating some great food, visiting the Mesa temple, seeing the sights of Gilbert and spending time with her family. It was a nice way to spend my last day away from home. I also got really lucky and got a very cheap flight from Phoenix to Calgary. And by lucky I mean blessed :) My first week back has been full of ups and downs. Honestly I didn't think it would be this hard to come back to my old environment. I didn't realize how much I had adapted to BYU. And I'm sorry to admit I was a little bit of a grouch. But today was wonderful as most sabbath days are. It helped me to remember how many people I have here who really care about me. Also I forgot how much fun the YSA scene is here. I feel a lot more optimistic about the summer ahead. Im really grateful for the way the Lord leads us down paths that require change. He wants us to learn and grow and sometimes that can't be done by staying in the same place or being faced with similar circumstances day after day. He knows that we can become better faster if he allows us to go through trials and changes. I guess I should know this by now since I have seen it all year but somehow I forgot about it this week. I am excited now for whatever challenges come my way this summer because I'll be that much more prepared when I go back to school in the fall. And I do love this place. It is a big part of me and I shouldn't let that go. Have a great week! I haven't started work yet so my plan is to find ways to serve and be productive. Love, Stéfanie

Comments

Popular Posts