And Then There Were Three

It has been a long time since I last wrote. I really apologize (both to whoever reads this and to myself in the future when I look back on my freshman memories and see a month-long gap in my record). I can't even make an excuse and say that I have been extra busy because that wouldn't be completely true. I just haven't thought about this blog in a while. So here comes an update!

There are three weeks left of school here! I am going to be home in one month! It stuns me that time went by so fast. In some ways it feels like I have been here forever, that my life before this is just a blurry memory. But at the same time I feel like two semesters went by in the blink of an eye.

We have been having so much fun here. The weather has been beautiful. For at least a month now it has been warm and some days it is nearly 20 degrees Celsius. Spring arrived this week and all the trees are blooming. I've never seen anything like it- but then again that might be because Alberta only has two seasons: winter and summer. Here's a picture of the blossoms outside my window. Nice huh?

Here are a few snap shots from the last month.
Hiking the Y with the gang

My girls and I at the Hunger Games midnight movie premiere (Kylie is taking the picture cuz she is awesome)

Doing baptisms at the Manti Temple for my birthday


So that's how life is going for me. I'm doing well in my classes and I have been super motivated. We had a forum address a while back from Dr. Benjamin Carson who really inspired me to take advantage of all the education and knowledge I can get. So since then I have been trying to do just that. My motivation dwindles sometimes but then I just pray for something to help me push forward and Heavenly Father seems to always give me a hand. I feel confident that I am doing what Heavenly Father wants me to do.

This has been the most amazing year of my life. BYU is all I had imagined. Now I get to go home for four months. It will be a nice break but the thing I am most excited about is that Kelsey gets to come home with me. I think Heavenly Father knew we would need some support because four months is going to seem like a very long time. I am so excited to be going back to my country though. The United States is lovely but Canada has all the places that I love. It reminds me of the verse in Mosiah 18:30... "how beautiful are they to the eyes of them who there came to a knowledge of their Redeemer". All the places and all the people that helped me to gain a testimony of my Saviour are back home. So when I return, I return to a place that I love above all others because that is where my life was changed.

...And of course Canada is just a beautiful place in general. I rave about it all the time to my friends here. If only I could take them back so they could understand what I mean :)

Have a great weekend. Work hard :) The Lord has asked us to be "anxiously engaged"... I'm starting to realize that we aren't "entitled" to rest, though we definitely need it sometimes. But we can always find a way to serve. I know I can do better. So that is my goal for these next three weeks.

Love you all :)

Stéfanie

ps. Kelsey and Julie may or may not be dating two super awesome guys. :) I thought I'd put this in for my own future reference since this is a record of the important things.

Comments

  1. Seems like your roommates are closer to being "anxiously engaged" ;) hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahah Julie, Kels and I just had a good laugh about your comment. Nice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like you. That's basically all. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts